We have all had those nasty bastard clients who don’t like entering contracts the ones who want to pay you in 30 days time and may pay you on time or may wait on the chase for you to hound them until you get your monthly retainer from them? To avoid unnecessary stress levels in your office I would aim to lock down clients on contracts between 6 and 12 months depending on the client. Clients entering a client contract with you will be serious about their seo campaign and better still you will get your money from the said client as they have entered a legal arrangement with you. Seems like hard work but never trust a client we all have had clients who do seo for a month then decide seo doesn’t work for them and they move onto another charlatan who will do it for a month and continue this process until their business is no longer able to trade because they don’t rank well.
Prior to the client signing my seo contract
Ensure prior to officially engaging search engine optimisation services with the said client that you iron out a few minor details that the client will adhere too. These minor details make a massive difference and will determine if you want to be doing business with this client.
- seo is not IT or web design these services do not overlap so don’t ask for IT or web design, branding. This is seo and related services
- do you like paying your bills on time?
- has an agency tore you a new one previously? If indeed they have do we have your trust?
- do you have the right mindset to allow your designated seo to do the job properly
If the said client passed the questions above and then you put him through the dickhead test then you might want to tie the client down on a real contract the rules are made up by you the expert do not bow down to needy clients they get what they get they know nothing about our industry and never will so lets get straight on point and tell them that you wouldnt try and tell Antony Joshua how to box, you wouldn’t tell Mr Birdseye that his wife smells of fish and certainly wouldn’t tell pavarotti not to devour any more pies.
Best SEO Contract
A verbal contract isn’t worth the paper its written on get it down in black and white and make sure your asswipe client signs it.
So you can copy and paste the below and change the company name to your name
This contract is entered into between (company name) and _____________________ (hereinafter referred to as “Client”) on the today’s date the ——–.
1. (Company name) will provide Client with Search Engine Optimisation Services (hereinafter referred to as “SEO”) as described in this contract. (Company name) will rank your website as an how we see fit using whatever tactics the seo feels like using. If you are on a low budget then we will use spammy techniques and spun content as we cant afford to pay for a real content writer, we need to use iwriter and at times use spun content from iwriter because you’re tighter than a ducks arse and real work costs money.
2. The total fee for the SEO services to be provided is $amount/. All fees must be paid in full prior to the start off the campaign, we have people to outsource too, these guys need paid before work commences so set up a standing order and don’t be a dick about it. Paying upfront on your first invoice is good but ensure its regular and ongoing or we will stop working on your project and just pocket your money and do work when we feel like it.
(Company name)’s SEO services are intended to serve two main purposes: 1) to provide the Client with increased exposure in search engines, and 2) to drive targeted online traffic to the site. Don’t ask who we outsource to or any other questions that you dont need to know about you will get what you paid for and thats final.
(Company name)’s SEO Services will include (but are not limited to):
• Researching keywords and phrases using LSI and other longtail keywords to rank your site
• Obtaining “back links” from other related websites and directories in order to generate link popularity and traffic using fiverr, social signals social bookmarking and dmoz listings coupled with blog commenting and some sape links to top things off.
• Editing and/or optimisation of text for various html tags, metadata, page titles, and page text as necessary if we can be arsed
• Analysis and recommendations on optimal website structure, navigation, code, etc. for best SEO purposes including site speed and cro and any other general ideas the tea lady brings to the table. We do use free interns too and they at times pop up with ideas we may try out on your site.
• Recommend, as required, additional web pages or content for the purpose of “catching” keyword/phrase searches. You the client can write your own content though we dont take ownership of that, its your business so you supply the fucking content.
• Create traffic and ranking reports for clientsite and any associated pages showing rankings in the major search engines we use automated tools for this, so dont mither us for any more information take what you are given and work it out.
• Create more traffic using bots and jingling & anything else that will show you a direct traffic increase on your analytics, this keeps you paying for a bit longer as we will feed you hope that it will come good one day and you will be an online millionaire.
• You are in this contract for a whole 12 months, there is no way out for you, our directors are greedy and they take 95% of your retainer and place it in their back pocket for hookers and champagne and the other 5% is for us to try and trick you into thinking you have a good solid seo campaign.